Monday, January 10, 2011

A Month of Exploring Black

Last year, my partner, Jacqueline, and I dedicated each month to exploring the energy of the various signs of the zodiac as they came around. We would do a ritual each new moon; learn about the sign, its strengths and attributes; and spend a month meditating with some related affirmations.

This year we've decided to explore the colors, as described in Esmerelda Little Flame's book, Temple of the Twelve. This past new moon, we had planned an introduction feast & ritual to Lady Black, but were unable to do it until tonight. We discussed how Black is the color of Truth and Depth (or Troopth and Death as we all kept saying... XD ) and what that means to us, what our individual Truths are, and how we can bring this energy more into our lives.

Our affirmations are posted in the usual spot, and at the end of this month (perhaps closer to the next new moon), we'll be discussing any truths we may have discovered this month, no matter how big or small, that we weren't aware of before. I am also planning on doing another self-portrait and will answer the black questions again from the workbook before the month is up.

Oh, our affirmations, written by Jacqueline Parks, if anyone is interested:

Affirmations for the Energy of Black
~ I am who I am. I am not ashamed.
~ I will seek to know myself.
~ I will work to erase the influence of those things that are not part of the truth of me.
~ I will work to grow those things that are a part of the truth of me.
~ I will seek to know others.
~ I will seek truth in all things.
~ I will honor truth in my decisions.
~ I will spend time with the unknown and be not afraid of it.
~ I will release to black all of my fears, insecurities, and other demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment