Saturday, February 7, 2009

Temple... Questions

1. In the story, Little Bird meets Black and is challenged to discover who her authentic, real self is. How well do you know your own authentic self? We asked you to create a portrait of your self at the beginning of this adventure. How well do you think that portrait describes your real, authentic self?
I believe it *looks* like me, a me that was at one time, but not the me I *am* right now today...

2. After having read Chapter One and meeting Black, is there anything that you would like to add to your initial portrait?
Oh I would add so much more, but I am not going to go back and change it. It is who I felt I was on the day that I painted it, and that is good enough for now.

3. Little Bird of the story has been gifted with artistic talent. What would you say are your own gifts and talents?
I wish my artistic talent came like Little Bird’s does, but it *is* a talent of mine. I write well. I take nice pictures.

4. Do you feel you have fully explored them? Why or why not?
No. Not at all. They’ve all been things that others, whose values and opinions mattered more to me than my own, have not deemed them worthy of doing. They don’t make money.

5. And how do you think Black would encourage you to explore the depths of those gifts and talents? What would she ask you to do with them?
She would want me to create every day to fully explore them! Write stories, draw pictures, take photographs...

6. Some people are afraid of Black, thinking it is evil. Do you feel any fear towards Black? If so, why?
I have never feared Black, but have been drawn to it – it’s a slimming color you know... LOL! Ok seriously, no I have no fear of Black, and have indeed felt drawn to that color, but not as strong as purple... ^-^

7. You have seen how Caroline reacts and interacts with Deity as represented by the color Black? If you were in Little Bird’s place, how do you think you would react and interact with the color Black?
I don’t think I would ever react to anyone with that kind of uncontrolled emotion; I’ve been conditioned to try very hard to not show any emotion – of course I fail miserably, but I still think I would at least attempt to contain myself more...

8. Select just one of the gifts and talents that you listed earlier. Write down your plan on how you will improve that gift or talent.
I have decided to create something every day this month! So far so good!

9. OPTIONAL: Write your own Prayer to Black here.
I will think on this more, and should one come to me I will post it and use it during the ritual...

10. A Ritual for Black. (This is on Page 23 in the workbook, to be done at the Dark Moon which is around the 24th of this month of February).
Will do on the 24th and post about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment